Thursday, February 5, 2015

You've obviously never been to Vanuatu...

So, I read a couple of things today that "struck my funny" and inspired me to start a new category on the blog. We'll call it "You've obviously never been to Vanuatu" or "YONBTV" for short ;). Consider it a cousin to our "Oh my Vanuatu" category (aka "OMV").

For our inaugural submission, consider this info-box that popped up on the computer screen today...



Now, don't get me wrong, I'm a loooooooooong way from complaining about internet speed. I mean, when we got here in 2005, the five of us were sharing a dial-up connection (for over US$200/month!!!). Nowadays we can sometimes bump up against 1Mbps download speeds, but to say "it will just take a minute" doesn't quite cut it. In fact... it took 42 minutes, for the record :p.

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment